Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where did I put that?

Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap... what the hell am I missing? Ok got clothes, laptop, shoes, towels, more clothes, paper, passport, iPod, other documents, wallet, rings, glasses, money, headphones, more clothes, random stuff (<-- that's the important stuff) and uh..

Uh..

Whatever, I'll just buy it there.

こにちわみんなさん and welcome to mah Japan blog-thingy-ish. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So as I'm very sure you can tell, I'm fairly excited about leaving tomorrow for 日本, and I'm more than sure the trip will be fantastic. However, this is an intro post, so I suppose I should do some introducing and whatnot.

For any random people reading this (for whatever reason that may be) my name is E.J. and I'll be travelling to Tokyo University (also known as Todai) for three months to do research under Professor Yoshihiko Nakamura in his robotics lab. As I said before I'm very excited about this, and this blog is for people to keep up with me and what I'm doing, and if it holds up, as a place to dump the thousands of pictures I plan to take...

..in the first 10 minutes after I get there..

BUT, that's not the point. The point is that I'll be updating this blog on a weekly basis at the very least. More than likely I'll make 2-3 posts a week, especially when I have a bunch of stuff going on. I'll make an effort for them to be fairly long and detailed posts, and probably put in a few tl;dr for the really long ones that people just don't have time to sit down and read.

Other than that, I have a bit more packing to do, make sure all my documents and stuff are in order, and then my flight leaves at 11:20am tomorrow morning. I'm set to arrive at Narita Airport at 4:20pm on Friday their time, which is 3:20am here (EST). For those of you who don't care for math, it's a +13 hour difference.

Anywho, I'll end this post for now. I have things to do that aren't sitting at my computer and typing out 15 page posts. Another thing is if you know me personally, feel free to email me or talk to me on Facebook. I'm taking my phone but only for emergencies, so it will be off for most of my stay there. Next post will be after I've landed and I'm in my room, so until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment